Recipe: Cabbage Rice
Enjoy this South Indian rice recipe.
• 1-1/2 cup Basmati Rice
• 1 Whole Cabbage
• 1 cup Green Peas (soaked)
• 2 Medium-Sized Onions (sliced)
• 1 Tomato (chopped)
• 2 Green Chilies (chopped)
• 2-3 pods Garlic (chopped)
• 1 inch Ginger (chopped)
• 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
• 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
• 5-6 twigs Coriander Leaves
• 2 tbsp Oil
• Salt to taste
Wash the rice and cook it such that all the grains remain separate.
• Place the cooked in a plate to cool.
• Put chopped cabbage, a pinch of salt and turmeric powder in a vessel.
• Keep it on medium flame and let the cabbage be cooked.
• Cook the peas in a pressure cooker. Remove from the fire after 1 whistle.
• Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add cumin seeds and allow spluttering.
• Add chopped chilies, ginger, garlic, tomato and onion slices into it.
• Stir till onions turn light golden in color.
• Now add cooked cabbage, peas, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chili powder to the above.
• Once the cabbage is slightly tender, add the cooked rice and a pinch of salt to the above. Stir the mixture thoroughly.
• Add some water and cover the vessel with a lid until the water dries completely.
• Remove rice from the heat.
• Garnish Cabbage Rice with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot.