Recipe: Caesar Salad
4 ounces Italian bread
1 clove garlic (cut in half)
Non-stick olive oil cooking spray
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
Coarsely ground black pepper
18 ounces romaine lettuce (torn into bite-size pieces)
How To Make:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut bread into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
3. Rub bread slices, on both sides, with cut sides of garlic.
4. Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes; place in jelly-roll pan.
5. Spray bread liberally with cooking spray.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden-brown and crisp.
7. Cool croutons in pan.
8. Meanwhile, in large salad bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Parmesan, lemon juice, olive oil, anchovy paste, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
9. Add lettuce and croutons to dressing in bowl; toss to coat.