Recipe: Caramel Cake
Try out this delightful, easy to make cake recipe.
• 3 Cups cake flour
• 1-3/4 Cups sugar
• 4 tsp Baking powder
• 1/3 Cup hot water
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp Vanilla extract
• 2/3 Cup milk
• 3/4 Cup butter
• 3-4 Eggs
• Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
• Line two pans with parchment paper and sift flour, baking powder and salt together 3 times, keep aside.
• For caramel syrup heat 1/2 cup of the sugar in a heavy skillet, keep stirring.
• Continue to cook and stir till melted sugar turn into dark brown.
• Remove it from the fire.
• Add hot water to it and stir till dissolved, keep aside to cool.
• In a large bowl, cream shortening with rest of the sugar till light and fluffy.
• Add eggs one at a time to it, beating thoroughly.
• Combine vanilla and 3 tbsp caramel syrup.
• Add flour mixture and milk alternately to it and beat till soft.
• Pour the mixture into two 9 inch pans.
• Bake it in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes till a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.