Recipe: Cashew-Caramel Cookies
1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups roasted salted cashews
3 tablespoons canola oil
8 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
3/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
7 ounces soft caramel candy
1/4 cups heavy cream
How To Make:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift flour and salt together.
3. Coarsely chop 1 cup cashews; set aside.
4. Process remaining 1 1/2 cups cashews in a food processor until finely chopped. Pour in oil. Process until mixture is creamy, about 2 minutes.
5. Put cashew mixture, butter, and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
6. Mix in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low; gradually add flour mixture. Mix in reserved chopped cashews.
7. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; space 2 inches apart on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake 6 minutes; gently flatten with a spatula.
8. Bake until bottoms are just golden, 6 to 7 minutes more. Let cool completely on sheets on wire racks.
9. Melt caramels with cream in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring. Let cool.
10. Using a spoon, drizzle caramel over cookies and let it set.