Recipe: Cashew Halwa
Enjoy this delicious and a yummy treat.
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) Cashew Nuts (grated)
• 1/2 tbsp Ghee
• 1 1/2 cup (354 ml) Milk
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) Sugar
• 1/2 tbsp Butter
• 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
• A pinch of Saffron (Kesar)
• A few Cashew Nuts or Pista cut into small pieces
• Fry grated cashew nuts in 1/2 tbsp ghee till it turns to light brown color on very low flame
• Keep on stirring all the while.
• Do not allow it to get very dark, remove and set aside.
• Boil milk with sugar and saffron till it becomes very thick.
• Add fried nuts and stir for 3-5 minutes.
• Once the mixture becomes quite thick and leaves the sides of the vessel, add cardamom powder, 1/2 tbsp of ghee and again stir for few a minute
• Remove from stove and pour the mixture onto a bowl
• Garnish with chopped nuts