Recipe: Cauliflower and sweetcorn pakora
Enjoy these delicious gently spiced pakoras.
2 ears of corn, niblets removed.
3 spring onions, finely sliced.
½ green chilli, finely chopped.
Sunflower oil, for frying.
1 cauliflower, cut into very small florets.
1 tbsp finely shredded coriander.
For the batter
250g gram (chickpea) flour.
½ tsp salt.
2 heaped tsp ground cumin.
2 heaped tsp ground coriander.
1 tsp turmeric.
1/3 tsp cayenne pepper.1 tsp baking powder.
250ml cold water.
For the raita
300ml plain yogurt.
3 tbsp finely ribboned mint.
Mix the sweetcorn with the spring onions and chilli and set aside. Heat ½ -1cm sunflower oil in a frying pan.
For the batter, put the flour in a large bowl and give it a whisk to get rid of any lumps, add all the dry ingredients and whisk again to combine. Continue whisking as you add the water.
Divide the batter between two bowls, add the sweetcorn to one bowl and the cauliflower to the other and fold the vegetables into the batter.
When the oil is hot add spoonfuls of the pakora mix, and fry gently for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
Make the raita by combining the yoghurt and mint and seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve the pakora sprinkled with coriander and a spoon of raita.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Chic album cover of 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Blake Lively becomes fashion designer
- Deepika finds Ranveer 'incredible' in 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Check out: The spicy hindi poster of 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- 'Entourage' soundtrack out in June
- Rob Kardashian checks into rehab
- Check out: How cute AbRam looks in Shah Rukh's shoes
- My character adds suspense to 'ABCD 2': Raghav Juyal
- Remo is a better director than choreographer: Prabhudheva
- Getting perfect pitch possible for some adult musicians
- Michael Jackson's former home for sale
- Recipe: Diced Chicken and Broccoli Hunan Sauce
- Eid special recipe: Chicken Biryani
- Recipe: Thai cashew chicken
- Recipe: Seafood and Chicken Paella
- Recipe: Chicken Roulade with ginger-spiced spinach
- Recipe: Three-layered bake with chicken, spaghetti and potato
- Recipe: Chinese Chicken Soup
- Recipe: Mango Chicken
- Recipe: Chicken Hakka Noodles
- Recipe:Crispy Fried Chicken
- Recipe: Brinjal Chicken
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in