Recipe: Chettinad Chicken Fry
Try out this easy to make, savoury chicken recipe.
• 1 kg Chicken
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1/2 cup Oil
• 2 cups Onions, chopped
• ¾ cup Tomatoes, chopped
• 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
• 10 Red Chilies, broken into pieces
• Salt, to taste
• Clean the chicken and cut it into pieces.
• Now, rub the chicken with a paste of salt and turmeric and keep it aside.
• Heat oil in a pan and put fennel seeds in it. When the seeds start to crackle, put red chilies and onion in it and fry well.
• When the onion turns brown, put chopped tomatoes and chicken in it and fry well again.
• Sprinkle hot water on it as required in small amounts so that the chicken does not stick to the pan.
• Remove from the fire when the chicken is cooked and serve hot.