Recipe: Chettinad Chicken
• 1 kg Chicken (washed and chopped into fine pieces)
• 3/4 inch Ginger
• 2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
• 1½ tsp Black Peppercorns
• 1½ tsp White Poppy seeds
• 2 tsp Coriander Powder
• 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
• 2 twigs of Curry Leaves
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 4 Onions (medium-sized)
• 2 tsp Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
• ¾ cup Tomatoes (chopped)
• 4 Green Chilies
• Salt to taste
• 2 tsp of Kalpasi (optional)
How to make
Smear the chicken pieces with turmeric powder and salt.
Now heat the oil in a large pan.
Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black peppercorns, poppy seeds, green chilies, and curry leaves and if available Kalpasi to it.
Sauté and take out the spices. Keep it aside.
Now add finely chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste in the remaining oil.
Fry till the onions turn golden brown.
Now add tomato, coriander powder, sauted spices and chicken to the above.
Add salt according to taste and fry the mixture for another 5 minutes.
Put the lid and let the chicken cook for about half an hour.
The gravy would turn almost dry. Occasionally add little water, if required.
When the chicken becomes tender, put off the flame.
Chettinad Chicken is ready to serve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Irrfan, Deepika took romance to new level: Sircar
- Will judge contestants on the basis of voice: Shaan
- Salman Khan arrives in Himachal Pradesh to attend Arpita's wedding reception
- Salma Hayek, Colin Farrell weigh in on selfies ban
- Jaden Smith to play Static Shock
- I always apologise for 'Batman and Robin': George Clooney
- Filmmaker Champak Banerjee to start new project soon
- Golshifteh Farahani's beauty is like poetry: Irrfan Khan
- Watch: Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Azhar' teaser unveiled
- Myleene Klass splits from Scandinavian boyfriend?
- Juicy J rushed to hospital before show
- Recipe: Roasted Asparagus
- Poila Baisakh special recipe: Dudh Puli Pitha
- Recipe: Simple Dal
- Recipe: Vegetarian Pulao
- Recipe: Vegan Kale and Pine nut Pesto
- Maha Shivaratri Special recipe: Mewa ki Kheer with nuts
- Pongal Special: Chakkarai Pongal
- Valentine special recipe: Tomato Pasta
- New Year special recipe: Stuffed mushroom with pomegranate
- Christmas special recipe: Baked Spinach with cheese
- Recipe: Vegetarian Hakka Noodles
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla