Recipe: Chettinad Chicken
• 1 kg Chicken (washed and chopped into fine pieces)
• 3/4 inch Ginger
• 2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
• 1½ tsp Black Peppercorns
• 1½ tsp White Poppy seeds
• 2 tsp Coriander Powder
• 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
• 2 twigs of Curry Leaves
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 4 Onions (medium-sized)
• 2 tsp Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
• ¾ cup Tomatoes (chopped)
• 4 Green Chilies
• Salt to taste
• 2 tsp of Kalpasi (optional)
How to make
Smear the chicken pieces with turmeric powder and salt.
Now heat the oil in a large pan.
Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black peppercorns, poppy seeds, green chilies, and curry leaves and if available Kalpasi to it.
Sauté and take out the spices. Keep it aside.
Now add finely chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste in the remaining oil.
Fry till the onions turn golden brown.
Now add tomato, coriander powder, sauted spices and chicken to the above.
Add salt according to taste and fry the mixture for another 5 minutes.
Put the lid and let the chicken cook for about half an hour.
The gravy would turn almost dry. Occasionally add little water, if required.
When the chicken becomes tender, put off the flame.
Chettinad Chicken is ready to serve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deols should promote their films well, SRK told Dharmendra
- Spielberg's fan letter made Dwayne Johnson 'grin like a kid'
- 'Simpsons' creator Matt Groening sued by nanny for 'discrimination'
- Iggy Azalea slams media for trying to create 'beef' between her, Britney Spears
- 'Minions' filmmakers Chris Renaud wants to cast Chris Pratt as next 'villain'