Recipe: Chicken Dum Biryani
• ½ kg Chicken
• 450 gm Basmati Rice (washed & drained)
• 3 Green Cardamoms (Elaichi)
• ½ tsp Mace (Javitri)(ground)
• ¼ tsp Nutmeg (Jaifal)(grated)
• 3 Cloves (Lavang)
• 1 Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
• 2 Whole Star Anise
• 2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
• 2 cups thick Curd (Yogurt)
• 4 tbsp Tomato Paste
• 1 big Onion (sliced)
• 2 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
• 2 tbsp Chilly Powder
• a pinch of Saffron (dissolved in 2 tbsp warm milk)
• Salt to taste
• 8 tbsp Oil
• 2 tbsp Ghee
• 6 cups Water
How to make
Take curd, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala, tomato paste, chilly powder, nutmeg, mace, and salt in a bowl and mix into a paste.
Marinate the chicken with the paste and keep it to the side for 3-4 hours.
Put water in a pot and get it to boil.
Heat ghee in a pan and crackle star anise, cardamoms, cloves & cinnamon.
Stir in rice and fry it for 4-5 minutes.
Add the rice to the boiling water, sprinkle a pinch of salt and cook until rice is ¾ cooked.
Strain the rice using colander.
Take 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry onion until it is golden brown. Remove the onion and keep it to the side.
Pour in the remaining oil into the pan and cook the chicken for 6-7 minutes or until it discharges oil.
Mix in rice and add fried onion, ghee and saffron.
Now cover the pan with aluminium foil and set the pan over another pan. Cook on high flame for 5 minutes.
Reduce the flame to medium and cook for about 20 minutes.
Take off the heat and serve hot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I hope after 'Quantico', Indian actors are taken seriously: Priyanka Chopra
- TV show 'Maharana Pratap' completes two years
- Anas Rashid injured on 'Diya Aur Baati Hum' set
- Sarabjit Singh's sister Dalbir Kaur visits 'Veera' set
- Darshan Raval to do cameo in 'Badtameez Dil'
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- Want to imbibe Anil's dedication, passion for work: Arjun Kapoor
- Veteran actor Dharmendra hospitalised
- Ajay Devgn to light up box office on Diwali 2016, 2017
- Masaba Gupta to dedicate fashion line to IIFA
- Ronit Roy spent six months to learn Haryanvi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India