Recipe: Chicken Masala
Delicious Sunday recipe, try now!
3/4 - 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into chunks about 1 1/2 inches
2 potatoes, peeled, chopped into chunks
1 red onion, peeled and chopped
10 baby carrots, washed, drained, cut in half
2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
2 tablespoons curry paste (traditional Indian yellow curry paste is best)
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Freshly ground black or white pepper, to taste
Ground coriander, optional
Heat a wok or deep-sided frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to the heated wok. When the oil is hot, add the onion. Stir-fry until the onion is softened and translucent. Add the curry paste and stir-fry until fragrant. (If using curry powder instead, add a small amount of water to form a paste).
Add the chicken and stir-fry for about 5 minutes so that the chicken is browned and coated with the curry paste.
Add the carrots and potatoes. Stir for a minute and add the chicken broth, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 15 - 20 minutes, making sure the chicken is cooked.
Taste the curried chicken and adjust the seasoning if desired. Sprinkle the ground coriander over top.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!