Recipe: Chicken Saagwala
Delve into this mouth-watering combination of chicken and spinach!
1 Chicken-cut into pieces
3 Cups pureed spinach
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 Bay leaf
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1/2 Cup onions-grated
1/4 Cup tomato puree
2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Powdered red pepper
1 tsp Powdered coriander seeds
Cream for garnish
Heat about 1 cup of oil and add cumin, when it splutters, add bay leaf, ginger and the garlic, and sauté till a light brown.
Add onions and sauté till soft.
Add the chicken over high heat and turn around till opaque.
Lower the heat and let it cook, stirring a few times, till tender.
Add tomato puree and stir fry till fat separates.
Add the salt, garam masala and the red pepper and stir till well mixed.
Add spinach and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Turn around a few times and serve hot garnished with the cream.
Chicken Saagwala is ready to be served!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Big B urges fans to unfollow his fake account
- Ryan Reynolds helps young cancer patient meet Deadpool
- I'm ecstatic: Ghaywan on bagging awards at Cannes
- Dhanush, Vetrimaaran team up for third time
- Bruce Greenwood joins 'American Crime Story'
- 'Colossal' sued for being similar to 'Godzilla'
- Retrospective pays tribute to Rabindranath Tagore
- 'Masaan' honoured at Cannes, B-Town delighted
- Stamos sad that Olsen twins won't return for 'Fuller House'
- Jana Kramer marries in Nashville
- Vanessa Hudgens suffering from tendinitis
- Recipe: Diced Chicken and Broccoli Hunan Sauce
- Eid special recipe: Chicken Biryani
- Recipe: Thai cashew chicken
- Recipe: Seafood and Chicken Paella
- Recipe: Chicken Roulade with ginger-spiced spinach
- Recipe: Three-layered bake with chicken, spaghetti and potato
- Recipe: Chinese Chicken Soup
- Recipe: Mango Chicken
- Recipe: Chicken Hakka Noodles
- Recipe:Crispy Fried Chicken
- Recipe: Brinjal Chicken
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday