Recipe: Chicken Tikka Masala
This spicy Punjabi dish can be had with both naan and rice.
2 Tbsp cumin seeds
2 Tbsp coriander seeds
2 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp chilli powder
red food coloring
juice of lime
10 oz thick yoghurt
salt to taste
1.5 lb chicken, diced
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup water
oil for cooking
Grind the spices and mix with marinade ingredients.
Immerse chicken in marinade and leave in the fridge for 24 hours.
Heat oil in a frying pan until very hot. Stir fry chicken vigorously for about 5 mins (you may need to do it in 2 batches, depending on the size of your pan) Remove chicken and keep warm.
Fry onion and garlic until just browning and return chicken with any remaining marinade and water.
Simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce is nice and thick.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aditya Pancholi may be evicted from bungalow as landlady wins legal battle
- Salman Khan, Sonam Kapoor look sizzling hot on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar
- What’s Salman Khan’s connection with ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2’ cast
- Why Kris Jenner blasted former husband Caitlyn
- Miley Cyrus uses sunflowers to cover her modesty