1 tablespoon canola oil
4 cloves minced garlic
2 teaspoons minced ginger
4 chopped mushrooms
1 tablespoon chilli-garlic sauce,
1 ¼ cups mushroom broth, or vegetable broth
2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 ¼ cups tofu cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 cup water chestnuts, rinsed and coarsely chopped
1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
b>How To Make:
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Add mushrooms and chilli-garlic sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the mushroom liquid has evaporated, 4 to 6 minutes.
4. Add broth, sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar, tofu and water chestnuts and bring to a simmer.
5. Cook, stirring occasionally and adjusting the heat as necessary to maintain a simmer, for 10 minutes to blend flavours.
6. Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl.
7. Stir the mixture into the saucepan and simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.