Recipe: Chinese Chicken Soup
5-6 Green Onions
6 small Shiitake Mushrooms, re-hydrated, finely sliced
5 cups Chicken Broth or Stock
2 cups Shredded, Poached, Chicken Breast
2 Eggs, beaten
Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
1. Slice the onions finely, reserving the green part of garnish later.
2. Add the chicken broth to a stock pot and bring to a boil.
3. Add the onions and mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes.
4. Add the shredded chicken and stir well.
5. Whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper until frothy and thick.
6. Steadily pour the mixture into the pot, constantly stirring to form shreds.
7. Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
8. Add the soy sauce and mix well.
9. Serve in soup bowls with the reserved green onions.