Recipe: Chocolate Plum Pudding Cake
Try out this yummy pudding cake.Ingredients :
2/3 cup Raisins
• ¾ cup All-purpose Flour
• ¾ cup Whole Wheat Flour
• 1/3 cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
• 2 tsp Baking Soda
• ¼ tsp Salt
• 1 tbsp Cinnamon (ground)
• ½ tsp Nutmeg (ground)
• ¾ cup Butter (softened)
• 1½ cups White Sugar
• 3 Eggs
• 2 cups Apple Sauce
½ cup Walnuts (coarsely chopped Procedure :
• Soak raisins in warm water for 10 minutes. Thereafter, drain the water.
• Grease and flour a 9-inch tube pan.
• Mix together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set it aside.
• Take a large bowl and cream butter and sugar together, until light and fluffy.
• Blend the eggs and apple sauce in the sugar mixture.
• Stir this eggs mixture in the flour mixture.
• Stir in raisins and walnuts. Mix well.
• Pour the batter into the prepared tube pan.
• Bake in the preheated oven, for 80 minutes.
• Insert a tooth pick in the center of the cake. The cake is ready if it comes out clean.
• Remove the cake from the oven and leave it at room temperature for 10 minutes.
• Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely, before serving.
First Published: Friday, December 10, 2010, 09:59