Recipe: Coconut Aval (Poha)
Enjoy coconut aval – a south Indian delicacy.
• 2 cups Aval (flattened rice)
• 1/2 cup Coconut (grated)
• 2 tsp Coconut Oil
• 1 tsp Ghee
• 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 1/2 tsp Bengal Gram Dal
• 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
• 2 Red Chilies (chopped)
• 2 Green Chilies (chopped)
• A few Curry Leaves
• 2 tbsp Cashews
• A small pinch Hing
• 1 tsp Salt
• Soak aval along with salt in 1/4 cup of water for 10 minutes.
• Now heat coconut oil in a pan on low flame.
• Add hing, curry leaves, mustard seeds, urad dal, Bengal gram dal, red chilies, green chilies and grated coconut to the oil.
• Fry until coconut turns slightly brown in color.
• Now add soaked aval to the above, and stir it well for 5 minutes.
• Fry cashews in a little ghee, and add it to the above.
• Serve hot with any chutney
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'