Try this simple cake recipe and surprise your family.
• 50g Desiccated coconut
• 200g All-purpose (plain) flour
• 175g Confectioners (icing) sugar
• 115g Melted butter
• 3 tbsp Ground almonds (or hazelnuts)
• 1 tsp Baking powder
• 6 Egg whites
• 12 Raspberries
• Pre-heat oven to 180oC.
• Line a 12 cupcake pan with cupcake papers.
• In a bowl, mix coconut, flour, sugar, baking powder and almond.
• Add melted butter to the above and stir.
• Add egg whites and mix well.
• Divide the mixture equally among the cake cases.
• Top each cake with a raspberry.
• Now bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
• Allow it to cool before serving.