Recipe : Coriander Chicken
Try this delicious chicken today.
1 small chicken, cut into pieces or 4 - 6 boneless breasts
1 tbsp butter
4 tbsp olive oil
4 large cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp turmeric or saffron
Salt and pepper to taste
Sprig of fresh coriander leaves, or 2 tsp. ground coriander
1/4 lb. purple olives, pitted
1 lemon, sliced
Brown the chicken in butter and oil in a large, heavy skillet over moderate heat. Add the garlic cloves, spices, and coriander (chopped fine). Cook for about 10 minutes, turning the chicken pieces occasionally to distribute sauce evenly. Stir in enough water to cover, about 1 cup, and simmer over low heat, adding more water if necessary until the chicken is tender.
Add olives and lemon and cook over somewhat lower heat for 8-10 more minutes, or until sauce is reduced. Serve over rice or couscous.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- See pic: Shaalia groove in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded' finale!
- READ: What Shah Rukh Khan's Edinburgh speech is all about!
- 'Peepli Live' co-director Mahmood Farooqui forced himself upon US researcher, says common friend
- No film can flop if planned properly: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Aamir Khan, Rohit Shetty extend help to ailing filmmaker Kalpana Lajmi