Recipe: Corn and Spinach Paratha
The traditional paratha gets an interesting twist.
For the dough
1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp oil
3 tsp melted butter or oil(for cooking)
For the spinach corn stuffing
3 cups finely chopped spinach (palak)
1 cup cooked corn (makai)
2 onions, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
2 tsp oil
salt to taste
For the dough, mix all the ingredients and add enough water to make a soft dough.
Divide the dough into 10 portions and roll out each portion into very thin 150 mm. diameter rounds.
For the spinach corn stuffing, heat the oil and fry the onions for 1/2 minute. Add the green chillies and fry again for a few seconds.
Add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Drain the water, if any.
Add the corn and salt.
To proceed, cook each roti on a tawa (griddle) very lightly for a few seconds.
Put a portion of the stuffing in each paratha and fold into a semi-circle. Arrange on a greased baking tray.
Brush the parathas lightly with butter or oil and bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) until light pink in colour
Alternatively, cook on a tawa (griddle) on both sides and brush lightly with butter or oil. Serve hot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adam Levine bares booty in Maroon 5's new music video
- Nicki Minaj announces split with fiance on Instagram
- Arielle Holmes roped in for 'American Honey' opposite Shia LaBeouf
- Vince Vaughn wants 'guns' to protect American schools
- Enrique Iglesias to have 'reconstructive hand surgery' post drone mishap
- Recipe: Chocolate-strawberry rissotto
- Recipe: White and dark Chocolate buttons and Olive Panini
- Poila Baisakh special recipe: Dudh Puli Pitha
- Baisakhi special recipe: Makhanna Kheer
- Baisakhi special recipe: Coconut Laddoo
- Recipe: Blueberry Pie
- Recipe: Crepes
- Recipe: Fruit custard
- Holi special recipe: Kesari Malai Peda
- Apricot tarts with honey cream
- Maha Shivaratri Special recipe: Mewa ki Kheer with nuts
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 31, 2015
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Ranchi: JSEB asks man to pay electricity bill of Rs 55 crore
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Service tax rate of 14% comes into effect from today
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media conducts reality check of public places smoking ban
- Now a 'missed call' to shut down your computer
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- PM Narendra Modi-led panel likely to select CIC, CVC chiefs today
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Heatwave: Things you must know
- Caught on camera: Jharkhand health minister slaps RJD leader in public
- Ban row: NCSC sends notice to IIT Madras, DMK seeks PM Modi's "direct intervention"
- ISIS rapists pour boiling water on teenage victim's leg for refusing sex
- Watch: The grand trailer of Rana Daggubati's `Baahubali`
- PM Modi told China, Pakistan economic corridor unacceptable: Sushma Swaraj
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in
- Michael Jackson's ghost spooks Neverland ranch?