Recipe: Corn Rolls
Enjoy a healthy and tasty snack this Ganesh Chaturthi.
• 2 cup boiled Corn Seeds
• ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
• 4 Green Chilies
• 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
• Salt and Pepper (to taste)
• ½ tsp Sugar
• 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
• 1/3 tsp Baking Soda
• Bread Crumbs (to coat)
• Ghee or Oil (for frying)
For the Batter:
• ¼ cup Rice Flour
• ¼ Gram Flour
• ¼ tsp Baking Soda
• Salt (to taste)
• 2 cups Water
• Combine all the batter ingredients to obtain a thin batter. Keep aside.
• Grind corn seeds with green chilies, until smooth, adding little water.
• Transfer into a bowl and add flour, coriander leaves, baking soda, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
• Add some water and mix to make smooth dough.
• Divide into balls and shape into cylinders.
• Dip each roll into the batter and then roll into bread crumbs.
• Heat oil/ghee in a frying pan.
• Fry the corn rolls, until golden brown on all sides.
• Remove and transfer on tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
• Serve hot with your favorite sauce.