Recipe: Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
We need some sweet potatoes, cut into two
1/4 cup of water
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 ounce of fresh Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves
Start with placing the already cut potatoes in a microwave-safe baking dish. Add 1/4 cup water; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for about 15 minutes.
After that peel off the potato skins.
Then heat a saucepan, add oil. Put some onion; sauté for about a minute.
Stir in the cumin and red pepper. Add stock to pan; bring to a boil.
Place half of sweet potato and half of stock mixture in a blender. Remove the center piece of blender lid.
Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters); blend until smooth. Pour pureed soup into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining sweet potato and stock mixture. Stir in salt.
Garnish with parsley, if desired.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral Video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing