Recipe: Dahi Bhalla
A mouth-watering chaat with the goodness of dal and yogurt.
• 1 1/2 cups Split Black Gram (dhuli Urad Dal)
• 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves (chopped)
• 1 inch piece Ginger (cut into thin strips)
• 2 Green Chilli (chopped)
• Salt to taste
• 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
• 1 tsp Rock Salt (Sendha Namak)
• 15-20 Raisins
• 2 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
• A pinch of Asafoetida
• Oil to deep fry
• 6-7 cups Yogurt
• Mint Chutney to taste
• Sweet Tamarind Chutney to taste
• Soak dal overnight in three cups of water and drain off the water in the next morning and grind the dal into a smooth paste.
• Add a teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of red chilli powder, raisins and asafetida into the dal paste and mix well.
• In a wok (kadhai), heat sufficient oil and gently scoop spoonfuls on dal paste into it and fry till golden brown. Drain the bhallas in a paper towel.
• Soak the bhallas in hot water for two minutes, take it out and squeeze out the excess water.
• In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, salt and rock salt.
• Arrange the bhallas in a plate and pour generous amounts of yogurt over it, followed by mint chutney and sweet tamarind chutney.
• Sprinkle red chilli powder and roasted cumin powder.
• Garnish with coriander leaves, julienned ginger and chopped green chillies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!
- We're going back to dark ages: Emraan Hashmi on film censorship