Recipe: Egg Roll
Enjoy your breakfast with tasty egg rolls.
• 1 cup Carrots (shredded)
• 1 cup Cabbage (shredded)
• 1 cup Peas (cut diagonally in thin strips)
• 3 cloves Garlic (crushed)
• 1 medium Onion (finely diced)
• 8 Green Onions (sliced thin)
• ½ cup Mushrooms (diced)
• ½ cup Water Chestnuts (diced)
• ½ cup Broccoli and Cauliflower Florets (broken into very small pieces)
• ½ cup White Wine
• 1 tsp Pepper
• ½ tsp Salt (or to taste)
• 1 tbsp Cornstarch
• 25-30 Egg Roll Wrappers
• 2 tbsp Oil
• Oil (for deep frying)
• Heat oil in a large wok.
• Add garlic and sauté to brown.
• Add onion and stir fry until transparent.
• Pour in Worcestershire sauce and add salt and pepper. Mix well.
• Add white wine and stir well. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
• Add carrots, cabbage, pod peas, green onions, mushrooms, water chestnuts, broccoli and cauliflower. Mix to blend well and cook till the vegetables turn tender.
• Dissolve cornstarch with 2 tbsp of water and add to the mixture.
• Cook the vegetables, constantly stirring, till the mixture thickens up.
• Remove the mixture from heat and allow it to cool.
• Place 2 to 3 tbsp of the mixture onto each egg roll wrapper.
• Roll up firmly to form rolls.
• Heat oil in a deep fryer.
• Place a few egg rolls in the fryer at a time.
• Fry until they turn brown.
• Remove and set aside.
• Repeat with the remaining egg rolls.
• Serve hot with sauce or chutney.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 31, 2015
- Ranchi: JSEB asks man to pay electricity bill of Rs 55 crore
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Service tax rate of 14% comes into effect from today
- Zee Media conducts reality check of public places smoking ban
- Now a 'missed call' to shut down your computer
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Salman, Varun rock the stage in Dubai for AIBA 2015
- Five fabulous places in the world Indians can travel without visas
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- PM Narendra Modi-led panel likely to select CIC, CVC chiefs today
- Heatwave: Things you must know
- India to buy only 36 French Rafale fighter jets, no need for 126: Manohar Parrikar
- Caught on camera: Jharkhand health minister slaps RJD leader in public
- Ban row: NCSC sends notice to IIT Madras, DMK seeks PM Modi's "direct intervention"