Recipe: Egg Roll
Enjoy your breakfast with tasty egg rolls.
• 1 cup Carrots (shredded)
• 1 cup Cabbage (shredded)
• 1 cup Peas (cut diagonally in thin strips)
• 3 cloves Garlic (crushed)
• 1 medium Onion (finely diced)
• 8 Green Onions (sliced thin)
• ½ cup Mushrooms (diced)
• ½ cup Water Chestnuts (diced)
• ½ cup Broccoli and Cauliflower Florets (broken into very small pieces)
• ½ cup White Wine
• 1 tsp Pepper
• ½ tsp Salt (or to taste)
• 1 tbsp Cornstarch
• 25-30 Egg Roll Wrappers
• 2 tbsp Oil
• Oil (for deep frying)
• Heat oil in a large wok.
• Add garlic and sauté to brown.
• Add onion and stir fry until transparent.
• Pour in Worcestershire sauce and add salt and pepper. Mix well.
• Add white wine and stir well. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
• Add carrots, cabbage, pod peas, green onions, mushrooms, water chestnuts, broccoli and cauliflower. Mix to blend well and cook till the vegetables turn tender.
• Dissolve cornstarch with 2 tbsp of water and add to the mixture.
• Cook the vegetables, constantly stirring, till the mixture thickens up.
• Remove the mixture from heat and allow it to cool.
• Place 2 to 3 tbsp of the mixture onto each egg roll wrapper.
• Roll up firmly to form rolls.
• Heat oil in a deep fryer.
• Place a few egg rolls in the fryer at a time.
• Fry until they turn brown.
• Remove and set aside.
• Repeat with the remaining egg rolls.
• Serve hot with sauce or chutney.