Enjoy the easy to make and sumptuous espresso biscotti.
• 4 Eggs
• 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
• 3/4 cup White Sugar
• 1-2 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 3-1/4 cups Pastry Flour
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp Baking Powder
• 1 tsp Instant Espresso Powder
• 2 tsp Grated Orange Zest
• 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
• 1/2 cup Dried Apricots
• 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
• 1/2 cup Almonds
• 1 Egg White, Lightly Beaten
• Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet with a little butter.
• Whisk together butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
• Sift together the flour, cinnamon, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
• Mix dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Stir in the espresso powder, orange zest, chocolate chips, dried apricots, dried cranberries and almonds.
• Shape dough into two equal logs approximately 12 inches long by 2 inches diameter.
• Place logs on baking sheet, and flatten out to about 1 inch thickness. Brush the log with egg wash.
• Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden and the center is firm, about 35 to 40 minutes.
• Remove from oven, allow to cool, and then slice the loaves diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
• Return the slices to the baking sheet and again bake them to 325 degrees F until they start turning light brown.
• Cool and store in an airtight container.