Recipe: Exotic Onion Bread
Exotic onion bread tastes divine and is a perfect recipe for breakfast.
4 tbsp. dried minced onion
1/4 cup water
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1/4 cup lukewarm water
2 cups. milk
6 cups sifted flour
2 tbsp. shortening
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
Soften onion and 1/4 cup water in small bowl; let stand. Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup lukewarm water in a large bowl; let stand.
Scald milk in a saucepan and stir in the shortening, sugar and salt. Cool to lukewarm and stir into softened yeast bowl. Sift the seasoning with 3 cups of flour, stir into yeast mixture and beat until smooth.
Add the softened onion mixture and more flour until dough is stiff. Knead dough on a floured board for approximately 10 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl, then turn completely over for top surface greasing.
Cover with a clean cloth and let stand in a warm spot until dough is doubled. Punch down and let dough rest in bowl for 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!
- Great to see people value healthy lifestyle: Sonam Kapoor