Recipe: Falafel Vada Pao
Weight watchers can now enjoy their favorite street food in a much healthier way. A twist on the regular vada pao, a falafel vada pao is a nice crunchy and high protein falafel filled in Foodhall`s whole wheat or regular ladi pao!
Makes 12-15 falafel vadas.
Soaked Chickpeas: 300 grams
Parsley leaves: 2/3 cup
Mint leaves: 1/3 cup
Coriander leaves: 2/3 cup
Garlic: 6-7 cloves
Green Chilies: 2-3
Onions: 2 medium pieces
Cumin Powder: ½ teaspoon
Salt to taste
1. Soak chickpeas overnight
2. In a mixer, coarsely grind soaked chickpeas
3. Add finely chopped garlic, onion, parsley, mint and coriander.
4. Season with cumin powder and salt.
5. Make batter into large round (slightly flattish) falafel vadas and deep fry until golden brown
6. Slit a pao (leaving one edge attached) and slightly grill on a tawa from both sides.
Recipe Credit: Chef Swasti Aggarwal (Foodhall)