Recipe: Gajar ki kheer
Gajar ki kheer is a healthier substitute for gajar-ka-halwa.
250 g Carrots
4 cups Milk
1/2 cup Sugar
2 tablespoons Ground almonds
1/8 teaspoon Ground cardamom
Pinch of saffron strands
Wash and scrape the carrots and grate them coarsely.
In a large heavy saucepan, bring milk to the boil.
Then take out 2 tablespoons of the boiling milk and soak the saffron strands in it.
Add the grated carrots to the boiling milk and cook until carrots are soft and the mixture has thickened.
This takes about 30 minutes or longer.
Add sugar, almonds, cardamom and the saffron soaking in the milk.
Stir until sugar dissolves.
Then cook, stirring occasionally until the mixture is the consistency of a creamy rice pudding.
Serve warm or cold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan meets Jackie Chan – See PIC
- Tiger Shroff joins mixed martial arts league
- Jackie Chan says Oscars came to me and I did not go to Oscars
- Shah Rukh Khan was an usher at Pankaj Udhas concert!
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Huge crowd erupts at Vadodara to see Shah Rukh Khan; 1 reported dead in lathicharge