Enjoy monsoons by sipping this nourishing, savoury soup
• 2 tbsp Olive Oil
• 2 Carrots (peeled and diced)
• 1 medium Cabbage (chopped)
• ½ Cauliflower (chopped)
• 6 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
• 1 cup diced Tomatoes
• 4 tsp Tomato puree
• 1 cup Water
• ¼ cup Milk/ Light Cream
• 1 tbsp Butter
• Salt (to taste)
• Pepper (to taste)
• Place a large pot on medium heat and heat olive oil.
• Add carrot, cabbage, cauliflower. Cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
• Add garlic and tomato paste. Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring continuously to prevent the garlic from burning.
• Pour two cups of water and cover the pot. Simmer for 10 minutes.
• Add diced tomatoes and remaining water.
• Boil the soup and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
• Puree the soup in a blender, reserving 2 cups of the liquid.
• Combine the blended puree with the reserved liquid.
• Add milk and butter.
• Boil the soup and cook for 1 minute.
• Add salt and pepper to taste.
• Serve hot with butter.