Greeks have their own style of cooking chicken. Care is taken to retain the original juices. Try out this tempting recipe.
• 4 Chicken Breast Halves
• 2 packages Feta or Blue Cheese
• 1 cans ripe Olives (drained, chopped)
• 2 tbsp Olive oil
• tsp dried Oregano
• 2 tbsp dry White Wine
• 1 tsp Sugar
• 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
• 1-2 Garlic clove (minced)
• ¼ tsp dried Thyme herb
• 1 medium Onion (sliced)
• Flatten the chicken breasts. Set aside.
• Combine together feta cheese, olives, 1 tbsp olive oil and oregano in a food processor.
• Process the mixture till it reaches a thick, paste consistency.
• Remove and spread the mixture on the chicken breasts.
• Roll the breast and tuck the ends in. Secure each piece with a wooden toothpick.
• Take a medium bowl and mix white wine, sugar, balsamic vinegar, garlic and thyme together.
• Add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and mix well.
• Pour the vinegar mix in a 2-qt. baking dish.
• Place the sliced onion on this mixture.
• Finally, place the chicken breasts over the onion slices.
• Cover the dish and bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes.
• Remove and uncover the dish.
• Smear the chicken breasts with the pan juices.
• Bake the preparation for another 20 minutes, till the chicken juices run clear.
• Serve hot.