Try out the refreshing and healthy green pea soup.
• 4tbsp Butter
• 2 Medium shallots, finely chopped
• 2 Cups water
• 3 Cups fresh shelled green peas
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 4 tbsp whipping cream (optional)
• Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
• Cook the shallots until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
• Pour in the water and peas, season to taste with salt and pepper.
• Increase the heat to medium-high, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until the peas are tender for 12 to 18 minutes.
• Puree the peas in a blender or food processor in batches.
• Strain back into the saucepan, stir in the cream if using, and reheat.
• Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.
• Serve hot.