Zee Media Bureau
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons dark honey
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 firm yet ripe pineapple
1 tablespoon grated lime zest
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How To Make:
1. Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill.
2. Combine olive oil, cloves, cinnamon, honey and lime juice and whisk to blend in a large bowl for the marinade.
3. Cut off the crown of leaves and the base of the pineapple.
4. Using a large, sharp knife, pare off the skin cutting downward just below the surface in long, vertical strips.
5. Cut off any remaining small brown spots on the pineapple.
6. Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise.
7. Place each pineapple half cut-side down and cut it lengthwise into four long wedges; slice away the core.
8. Place the pineapple in the bowl with the marinade and stir to coat the pineapple.
9. Place on the grill and cook about 3 to 4 minutes, basting once or twice with the remaining marinade.
10. Turn the fruit and move it to a cooler part of the grill or reduce the heat.
11. Baste again with the marinade.
12. Grill until the pineapple is tender and golden.
13. Remove the pineapple from the grill and sprinkle lime zest before serving.
(Image Courtesy: foodnetwork)