Recipe: Gujarati Kadhi
Fasts cease to be difficult once you master the art of cooking delicacies like this one.
2 cups yoghurt
2 tbsp singhare ka atta
4 cups water
1 tbsp rock salt
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon-powdered
2-3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 sprig curry leaf
3-4 whole red chillies
2 tbsp coriander leaves-chopped
Beat the yoghurt and the atta together till smooth. Add salt, chilli powder, cinnamon, sugar and water and mix well. In a heavy-based pan, heat oil, add cumin, curry leaves and red chillies. When the cumin begins to splutter, add the yoghurt mixture, increase the flame and bring to a boil. Leave to simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Nawazuddin Siddiqui at Ajmer Sharif
- Know what kind of films Richa Chadha would like to do
- Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, Big B among world's top ten highest-paid actors
- ‘Baahubali’ Prabhas to get married in December!
- It’s been 21 years since Madhuri Dixit asked Salman Khan ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!’