Recipe: Gujarati Kadhi
Fasts cease to be difficult once you master the art of cooking delicacies like this one.
2 cups yoghurt
2 tbsp singhare ka atta
4 cups water
1 tbsp rock salt
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon-powdered
2-3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 sprig curry leaf
3-4 whole red chillies
2 tbsp coriander leaves-chopped
Beat the yoghurt and the atta together till smooth. Add salt, chilli powder, cinnamon, sugar and water and mix well. In a heavy-based pan, heat oil, add cumin, curry leaves and red chillies. When the cumin begins to splutter, add the yoghurt mixture, increase the flame and bring to a boil. Leave to simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts
- Influential theatre and opera director Luc Bondy dead at 67
- No one better than Ranveer, Deepika as Bajirao and Mastani: Priyanka
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!
- Darshan Kumar excited to share screen space with Aishwarya