Recipe: Gulabi Sharbat
Indulge in a refreshing glass of Gulabi sharbat.
2 cups rose petals (washed well and patted dry on a paper towel)
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
Juice of 2 lemons (strained)
1 cup pomergranate juice (optional)
Coarsely crush the rose petals in a mortar and pestle and then put into a deep glass bowl. Pour 1 cup of boiling water over the paste and add the cardamom powder. Mix well, cover and allow to steep overnight.
In the morning, strain through a very fine sieve.
Add the sugar and stir till dissolved - do not heat.
When the sugar is dissolved, add in the lemon and pomergranate juices and mix well. The syrup is ready now and can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.
To serve, pour some syrup into a tall glass, mix with chilled water to taste and add crushed ice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena Kapoor Khan to walk for Gaurav Gupta at LFW W/F 2015
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing
- Jena Malone to play Batgirl in 'Batman v Superman'?