Recipe: Gulnar Seekh
A unique vegetarian version of the famous mutton seekh kebab.
Whole Masoor Dal – 1 cup (250gms)
Ginger – 1” piece ( 25gms)
Garlic - 8 to 10 cloves (25gms)
Jeera – 1 tsp (5 gms)
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp ( 5gms)
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp ( 5gms)
Sliced Bread – 3 slices (dipped in water and then squeezed well)
Salt – to taste
Oil – 3 tbsp (45 ml)
Finely chopped Capsicum, Onions and Tomatoes – ½ cup (125gms)
Onion Rings – from about 2 onions
Mint Leaves – finely chopped
1. Soak the Masoor dal for about 2 hours. Drain out the water.
2. Grind the dal, ginger, garlic and jeera into a thick paste, using minimum quantity of water.
3. Heat half the oil in a heavy bottomed Kadhai or pan. Add dal, and stir fry for 4 to 5 min on low flame till dal is dry and does not stick to the bottom of the Kadhai or pan.
4. Cut off the sides of the bread and dip it in water for a few seconds. Remove, squeeze well and crumble finely.
5. Add the bread, salt, garam Masala and Red chili powder to the dal. Mash well and keep aside
6. Make 2” long Kebabs on the Tandoori seek
7. Stick the finely chopped onions, capsicum and tomatoes (without the pulp) onto the seek kebab.
8. Bake in a Tandoor,
9. Serve hot , accompanied by sliced onions, sprinkled with lemon juice and chopped pudina leaves
• You could substitute the bread with boiled potatoes, mashed finely.
• To make these at home (without the Tandoor), you could use pencils as skewers and shallow fry the Kebabs in a fry pan or Tawa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rihanna poses with spunky pink gun
- Edward Maya takes Bollywood turn for Indian concert
- Jyotika and I may act together next year: Suriya
- Jacqueline to endorse British luxury bathware brand
- Sonakshi Sinha to sing at IIFA
- Subhash Ghai to be honoured with IIFA lifetime achievement award
- I don't care about looking perfect: Melissa McCarthy
- 'Indian' sequel on the cards: A.M. Rathnam
- Nepal earthquake recreated on 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein'
- Men prefer brains over big breasts and long legs: Study
- Naren turns baddie for 'Aranmanai 2'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly