Recipe: Healthy Zucchini Muffins
Try this surprisingly easy and fibre rich Zucchini Muffins
2 Small shredded zucchini (about 2 small)
2 Cups whole-grain pancake or biscuit mix
1 Tsp cinnamon
1 Tsp all spice
¾ Cup brown sugar
¼ Cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 Tsp Fresh lemon juice
Powdered sugar For dusting the Muffins
Wash the zucchini and remove the ends.
Shred zucchini using largest holes on the grater. You don`t need to peel them if you want to add more fibre.
Wrap grated zucchini in paper towels and squeeze to remove excess water.
Measure 1½ cups of squeezed-dry zucchini.
Preheat oven to 190°C.
Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
In a large bowl, mix whole-grain pancake mix (or biscuit mix) with spices.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, apple sauce, and lemon juice.
Fold the egg-sugar mixture and shredded zucchini into the pancake-spice mixture.
Fill each muffin cup with batter. Leave space to let the muffin rise.
Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden.
Remove muffins and cool on a wire rack.
Sprinkle muffins with a dusting of powdered sugar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Taylor Swift in Forbes Power Women List
- 'Inside Out' to release in India on June 26
- I'm lucky to have good genes: Eva Longoria
- Amitabh Bachchan advised Anil Kapoor not to take sabbatical
- 'Masaan' to release in India on July 24
- Emraan Hashmi's 'Azhar' teases crosses 1 million views!
- Indian stories need global exposure: 'Lunchbox' director Ritesh Batra
- Ricky Martin believes in `connect before marriage
- Criminal Mustafa Dossa conducts model audition inside court premises
- Kangana's midas touch: 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns` racing fast towards Rs 100 crore
- Amitabh Bachchan in trouble over 'poem', slapped Rs 1 crore notice
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt