One of the best ways to experience the exquisite flavours of monsoon is by trying out the Herb Crumbed Bhekti Tomato emulsion. A speciality from the southern part of Italy, Calabria, a recipe which can never go wrong! To start with, any fresh catch of the day will do if you don`t find Bhekti in the market. Very light marination with dill and mustard splashed with olive oil. Perfect for the weather! Can always be accompanied with White Wine to relish the tempting flavours of this amazing recipe.
Bekti chunks--240 grams
Fresh bread crumbs--80 grams
Parsley/thyme /dill--10 grams
Dijon mustard--16 grams
Olive oil--50 mils
Cherry tomatoes--25 grams
Balsamic vinegar--5 grams
Tomato juice--25 grams
Black pepper--8 grams
1. Season the fish slices with salt and pepper keep a side.
2. Wash, clean and cut the vegetables and potatoes in to triangles or desired shape of your choice, wash and chop thyme/parsley/dill and keep aside.
3. Make the fresh bread crumbs topping, for the fresh crumb mixture – fresh crumbs, parseley, solid butter, parmesan cheese.
4. Heat the tava, sear the fish with olive oil till it gets a light brown color on both sides of the fish.
5. Mean while for the sauce in a pan heat olive oil sauté onion garlic and add in washed and diced tomato chunks sauté till the tomatoes are cooked well add in tomato juice and whole thyme cook for about five minutes on the burner.
6. Then take the tomato mixture and pass it through a blender, blend well and strain reserve the juice obtained discard the pulp, keep aside.
7. Once the fish is seared, then apply mustard on the upper surface of the fish and put the crumb mixture and bake for 3 minutes at 220 degrees in the oven.
8. Meanwhile heat a pan and add olive oil to the pan and sauté the veggies and the potatoes and finish it with the chopped herb (thyme/parsley/dill), season well.
9. In a pan heat olive oil and mix it with the strained tomato juice and whisk well till it is almost blend, season.
10. For plating - Plate the veggies on the base and pile up the herb crumb fish.
11. Spoon the tomato emulsion on the plate.
12. Garnish (optional) - sautéed cherry tomatoes, tossed in balsamic vinegar and grilled lime wedge.
(The recipe has been shared by Chef Abhishek Basu, Executive Chef, The Park New Delhi)