Recipe: Hyderabadi Samosa
Enjoy the crispy and sumptuous Hyderabadi Samosa.
• For the dough:
• 550 gm Flour
• 1 Cup milk
• 3-4 tbsp Ghee
• 1 tsp Ginger juice
• 1 tsp Garlic juice
• 1/2 tsp Salt
For the mince:
• 550 gm Minced chicken
• 2-3 tbsp Ghee
• A handful coriander leaves, chopped
• 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
• 1 tsp Mint leaves
• 2 Onion minced
• Salt to taste
To be ground:
• 5-6 Peppercorns
• 6 Green chillies
• 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
• 4 Green cardamoms
• 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
• A small piece cinnamon
• Oil for frying
• Grind together peppercorns, green chillies, coriander seeds, cardamoms, cumin seeds and cinnamon together to make a fine paste, keep aside.
• Boil the minced chicken along with ginger-garlic paste and salt until done.
• Heat ghee in a pan and fry onion, add ground masala to it and sauté for about 3-4 minutes.
• Combine the minced chicken and cook until dry.
• Add the coriander and mint leaves to it, keep aside.
• Sieve the flour and salt together and massage in the ghee until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
• Make a bay in the middle and put in the milk, garlic juice and ginger juice.
• Mix well and knead to make soft dough but not sticky.
• Make 6-8 balls from the dough.
• Roll each ball into a thin chapatti.
• Put a tbsp of the mince filling at the centre.
• Cover it with another chapatti and close the edges by pressing down.
• Now cut it into triangles and deep fry in hot oil.