Recipe: Italian Almond Cookie
Learn to make Amaretti, the traditional Italian cookie by following this simple recipe.Ingredients:
• 3 cups Blanched Slivered Almonds
• 1-1/2 cups White Sugar
• 1 tsp Almond Extract
• 3 Egg Whites Procedure:
• Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
• In a food processor, grind the almonds and then add the sugar; grind again for 15 seconds.
• Finally, add egg whites and almond extract, continue to grind until a smooth dough forms around the blade.
• Take out the dough and cut out cookies from it. Place the cookies onto prepared baking sheets.
• Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes till they turn golden.
• Allow cookies to cool completely on the paper before removing.
• Amaretti is ready to serve. Store in a dry place.
First Published: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 15:23