Recipe: Jackfruit Curry
Enjoy the sumptuous jackfruit curry this season.
• 1 raw Jackfruit (fresh)
• 2-3 tsp Tamarind Pulp
• 2-3 Green Chilies
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 2 tsp Oil
• Salt (to taste)
• 1 tsp Chana Dal
• 1-2 tsp Urad Dal
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 4 to 5 Curry Leaves
• 2 Dry Red Chilies
• 2 tsp Groundnuts
• Slice and cut the jackfruit into small pieces.
• Place the pieces in water and add turmeric powder. Boil for 15 minutes, till they turn soft.
• Heat oil in a large pan and add chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds, curry leaves, red chilies and ground nuts.
• When the mustard seeds start spluttering, add green chilies, tamarind pulp, jackfruit pieces and salt and stir well.
• Let the mixture cook for 10 minutes.
• Serve hot with rice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!