You can make delicious Jalebis at home by following this simple recipe.
• 2 cups All Purpose Flour
• 1-1/2 tbsp Rice flour
• 1/4th tsp Baking powder
• 2 tbsp Curd
• 3 cups Sugar
• 2-1/2 cups Water
• 1/2 tsp Cardamom (powdered)
• Ghee or Vegetable oil for frying
• Mix the flour, rice flour, baking powder, curd in a bowl.
• Mix well, add water and whisk until smooth.
• Set aside for about 2 hours to ferment.
• Whisk thoroughly before use.
• Prepare one string syrup by dissolving sugar in the water.
• Just before the syrup is ready add cardamom powder.
• Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or kadhai.
• Pour the batter in a steady stream into the kadhai to form coils.
• Make 4-5 at a time.
• Deep fry them until they are golden and crisp all over but not brown.
• Remove from the kadhai and drain on kitchen paper and immerse in the sugar syrup.
• Leave for at least 4-5 minutes so that they soak the syrup.
• Take them out of syrup and serve hot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Sunny Leone played mother to Salman Khan – Shah Rukh Khan!
- Mahira Khan looks stunning in THIS white outfit!
- THIS 'Bigg Boss 10' commoner contestant bags a Bollywood film?
- Kangana Ranaut says Mumbai relatively safer
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US