Recipe: Japanese Rice Crackers
Enjoy the Japanese rice crackers this season.
• 1-1/2 Cups mochiko (sweet rice flour)
• 3 tbsp Granulated sugar
• 2 tbsp Black sesame seeds
• 1 Cup hot water
• 1/4 Cup soy sauce
• 1/4 Cup mirin
• Mix rice flour with sugar and add hot water. Knead to a dough.
• Roll the dough into balls and then steam.
• Knead the dough once more and roll into large coils.
• At this point, any integrated flavorings (here sesame seeds) are added.
• Roll out the flavored dough into thin sheets and then cut into any shape you desire (traditionally circular).
• Lay the cut dough on straw mats and dry in the sun.
• Season them with soy sauce and mirin blend.
• Grill the crackers. Serve.