Recipe: Kaddu Ka Dalcha
• 1 Medium sized kaddu (pumpkin)
• 250 gms Chanay ki dal
• 250 gms Tomatoes
• 150 gms Cooking oil
• 2 Onions
• 2 tsp Red chilly powder
• 50 gm Tamarind
• 3 gm Shiazira, grounded
• 1 Katta kotmir
• 1 Katta kariapak
• 10 Green chilies, chopped
• 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric
• 5 gm Dalchini (cinnamon)
• 5 gm Grounded eaichi
• 2 tsp Powdered jaggery
• Salt to taste
• Wash and cut the bottle gourd (kaddu) into pieces.
• Dip the tamarind in a cup of water & squeeze to prepare sour tamarind water.
• After washing the chana dal, boil it properly.
• Grind it to paste. Add the tamarind water along with 2 glasses of water.
• Keep the broth ready.
• Fry chopped onion and kaddu in oil.
• Add ginger-garlic paste, red chilly powder, haldi and salt according to taste.
• Add chopped tomatoes.
• Pour water and cook tomatoes & kaddu properly.
• Add the Broth of the chana dal to the kaddu mixture followed by sprinkle of turmeric, dalchini, elaichi, and shiazira.
• After this, add kariapak, green chillies, jaggery powder & kotmir.
• Boil it for few minutes. Serve hot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'