Recipe: Kashmiri Biryani
Try out this easy to make recipe.
• 750 gms Mutton
• 1 kg Chicken
• 1 kg Basmati rice
• 200 ml Milk
• 2 tsp Curds
• 1 tsp Dry ginger powder
• 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
• 150 gms Ghee
• 1/4 tsp Kewra essence
• 2 gms Saffron
• 2 tsp Red chilli powder
• 1 Pinch asafoetida
• 1 tsp Garam masala powder
• 2 tsp Fennel seed powder
• 1/4 tsp Sugar
• Salt to taste
• Fry asafetida and mutton pieces in ghee.
• Add curds to the mixture and fry till pink.
• Pour water and add salt to taste. Mix well.
• Add chilli powder, ginger powder and bay leaf.
• Fry for a few minutes and add 1/2 litre water.
• Add 1/2 tbsp garam masala and 1tbsp fennel seeds.
• Simmer the mixture till well cooked.
• Remove mutton pieces and keep them separate.
• Boil 2 litres of water with 2 tbsp salt.
• Tie garam masala and remaining fennel seeds in a piece of cloth.
• Put it in the boiling water.
• Now add rice and cook on low flame till half done.
• Separate water from the rice.
• Alternately arrange mutton and rice layers in a baking tray.
• Add milk and ghee.
• Cook in a preheated oven till well done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'