Try out this simple recipe.
• 2 cup Long Grain Rice (basmati)
• 2 cup Milk
• ½ cup Cream Beaten Smooth
• 1 tsp Sugar
• Salt to taste
• ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
• 3 Cloves
• 1 inch Cinnamon
• 3 Cardamoms
• 1 Bay Leaf
• 2 tbsp Ghee
• 1 cup Canned Mixed Fruit, chopped and drained
• 2 - 3 Edible Rose Petals
• Wash rice and soak it for 15-20 minutes.
• In the meanwhile take a bowl and mix milk, cream, sugar and salt in it.
• Drain rice and keep it aside.
• Now, take a pan and heat ghee in it. Put cumin seeds, cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamoms and cloves in it.
• When the seeds start to crackle, add rice and fry in ghee for 2 minutes.
• Add milk and cream mixture to it along with ½ cup water and bring it to boil. When boiled, simmer the flame, cover it with lid and let it cook.
• Make sure that the rice is not overcooked and it can be separated too.
• Now, gently mix it in drained fruit and sprinkle finely broken rose petals over it.
• Serve it hot with dal.