Recipe: Keema Biryani
Try this authentic Mughal delicacy today!
350 gm Basmati Rice
400 gm Keema
3 tbsp Curd
1 large-sized Onion (chopped)
1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
100 gm Ghee
1/2 cup Milk
A few strands of Saffron
1-inch piece Cinnamon
1 tsp Red Chili Powder
1 cup Chicken Stock
2 tbsp Lime Juice
Cook rice in salted water, till it is just half cooked. Drain the water and keep it aside.
Mix the saffron in milk and keep aside.
Heat ghee in a medium-sized pan and fry chopped onions, till they become translucent.
Now, add the whole spices and let them splutter.
Mix in keema and ginger-garlic paste. Fry for 6-7 minutes, on medium heat.
Once the keema is properly fried and releases aroma, mix curd and red chilli powder.
Turn the heat to low and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Turn off the flame and set aside.
Place one part of the half cooked rice in a baking dish. Then, add a portion of prepared keema and sprinkle half of the saffron milk and half of the lime juice.
Now, cover with another portion of rice and repeat the same process with keema, saffron and lime juice. Top it with the remaining rice.
Pour chicken stock over the layers of biryani.
Lid the top or seal it with a foil. Bake in the oven, at a low temperature for 15 minutes.
The Keema Biryani is ready to be served.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- Sonu Nigam teams up with Sandesh Shandilya for 'Chalk n Duster'
- Recipe: Raw Mango Rasam
- Recipe: Spanish Valencia Prawns
- Recipe: Dahi mutton
- Recipe: Tlayudas with Pulled Lamb
- Recipe: Jumbo Shrimps al Cognac
- Recipe: Chinese sichuan chicken
- Recipe: Poutine Cheesy Jalapeno
- Recipe: Hot Basil Chicken Cups
- Recipe: Smoked salmon and Prawn fishcake
- Recipe: Grilled Fish SE Asian Dressing
- Recipe: Baba Ghanoush
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!