Recipe: Keema Biryani
Try this authentic Mughal delicacy today!
350 gm Basmati Rice
400 gm Keema
3 tbsp Curd
1 large-sized Onion (chopped)
1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
100 gm Ghee
1/2 cup Milk
A few strands of Saffron
1-inch piece Cinnamon
1 tsp Red Chili Powder
1 cup Chicken Stock
2 tbsp Lime Juice
Cook rice in salted water, till it is just half cooked. Drain the water and keep it aside.
Mix the saffron in milk and keep aside.
Heat ghee in a medium-sized pan and fry chopped onions, till they become translucent.
Now, add the whole spices and let them splutter.
Mix in keema and ginger-garlic paste. Fry for 6-7 minutes, on medium heat.
Once the keema is properly fried and releases aroma, mix curd and red chilli powder.
Turn the heat to low and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Turn off the flame and set aside.
Place one part of the half cooked rice in a baking dish. Then, add a portion of prepared keema and sprinkle half of the saffron milk and half of the lime juice.
Now, cover with another portion of rice and repeat the same process with keema, saffron and lime juice. Top it with the remaining rice.
Pour chicken stock over the layers of biryani.
Lid the top or seal it with a foil. Bake in the oven, at a low temperature for 15 minutes.
The Keema Biryani is ready to be served.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!