Recipe: Keema Matar
Minced meat (keema) - 1/2 kg, washed and drained
Green peas - 1/2 cup
Onions - 2, chopped
Tomatoes - 2, chopped
Green chilies - 3 slit
Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tbsp
Cinnamon stick - 1"
Black cardamom - 1
Bay leaf - 1
Cloves - 3
Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/4 tbsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Cooking oil - 2 tbsps
Yogurt - 1/4 cup, mixed to a smooth paste (curd)
Ghee - 1 tbsp – Clarified Butter
Heat oil in a wok.
Add the whole spices cardamom, cinnamon, cloves pepper and bay leafa and let it sizzle.
Add green chilles and the chopped onions.
Let the onions sweat and turn golden.
Add the ginger garlic paste and and sauté it lightly
Add the Minced meat and let the meat sweat and fry in the masala on high heat. Reduce flame and cover for 5 minutes.
Add the rest of the Powdered masala and salt and mixt well. Let the masala cook.
Add a bit of water if the keema starts sticking.
Add the yogurt and let it fry in the masala too.
Add ¼ cup of water and simmer. Cover the pot with a heavy lid and let it cook.
Add the peas and the chopped tomatoes and cover again and let it cook for 15 mins.
Let the keema cook
Add a Tbsp of ghee at the end and let it rest before 5 minutes before serving
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Spanish director Vicente Aranda dies at 88
- Know about Vidya Balan's 'Adhuri Kahani'
- Arpita wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Ranveer missed Bhansali on 'Dil Dhadakne Do' sets
- Ricky Kej grateful to everyone who felt his music
- Newcomer Monica Sehgal gets taste of her popularity
- Akshay cosies up with Amy in 'Singh is Bliing'
- Sidharth Malhotra, Kriti Sanon 'As I Am' music anthem becomes a rage
- I will be back in Nepal with my children: Susan Sarandon
- BB King's death to be investigated as murder
- Get beach ready with easy hairstyles
- Recipe: Diced Chicken and Broccoli Hunan Sauce
- Eid special recipe: Chicken Biryani
- Recipe: Thai cashew chicken
- Recipe: Seafood and Chicken Paella
- Recipe: Chicken Roulade with ginger-spiced spinach
- Recipe: Three-layered bake with chicken, spaghetti and potato
- Recipe: Chinese Chicken Soup
- Recipe: Mango Chicken
- Recipe: Chicken Hakka Noodles
- Recipe:Crispy Fried Chicken
- Recipe: Brinjal Chicken
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo