Recipe: Kesar Peda
Sweeten your taste-buds with this delicacy!
500g Soft white milk fudge (khoya)
300gms sugar powdered
Half tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp cardamom seeds semi crushed
1tbsp slivered or crushed pistachios
A few strands of saffron
1tbsp warm milk
2 drops saffron colour (optional)
Soak the saffron in warm milk.
Crumble the khoya. If very hard, grate the khoya. Add powdered sugar and mix well.
Put mixture in a large heavy or nonstick pan. Heat on medium high for few minutes. Reduce the flame and cook till soft and gooey.
Make sure to stir continuously, while on heat. When mixture is thick and gooey, add cardamom and saffron. Add the colour if desired.
Mix well, and take off fire. Allow to cool, gently turning occasionally.
Use cookie moulds, or shape pedas with palms into patty rounds. Mix pistachios and cardamom seeds and press a bit on top of each.
If using moulds, first sprinkle some at bottom. Take some mixture and press into mould. When set well, invert and carefully, un-mould.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Netflix renews 'Grace And Frankie' for season two
- Kriti finds Sonam, Deepika, Priyanka stylish
- Zayn Malik may make 'X Factor' comeback as judge
- 'Supergirl' pilot leaks online six months before schedule
- 'Umrao Jaan' director Muzaffar Ali wraps up 'Jaanisaar'
- Box-office success needed to encourage women helmers: Sarandon
- Katy Perry, John Mayer dating again?
- Taapsee Pannu to don khaki in Selvaraghavan's 'Kaan'
- Lindsay Lohan may complete community service on time
- Jennifer Lopez debuts short hair
- Taylor Swift says being a pop star is not that hard
- Recipe: Summer Potato Salad
- Recipe: Orange Slush
- Recipe: Melon Slush
- Recipe: Roasted Asparagus
- Recipe: Cold coffee with ice-cream
- Recipe: Watermelon Slush
- Recipe: Chocolate Milk Shake
- Recipe: Homemade Mango Colada
- Recipe: Spanish Valencia Prawns
- Recipe: Chinese sichuan chicken
- Recipe: Poutine Cheesy Jalapeno
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Is there life after death?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'