Recipe: Kesar Peda
Sweeten your taste-buds with this delicacy!
500g Soft white milk fudge (khoya)
300gms sugar powdered
Half tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp cardamom seeds semi crushed
1tbsp slivered or crushed pistachios
A few strands of saffron
1tbsp warm milk
2 drops saffron colour (optional)
Soak the saffron in warm milk.
Crumble the khoya. If very hard, grate the khoya. Add powdered sugar and mix well.
Put mixture in a large heavy or nonstick pan. Heat on medium high for few minutes. Reduce the flame and cook till soft and gooey.
Make sure to stir continuously, while on heat. When mixture is thick and gooey, add cardamom and saffron. Add the colour if desired.
Mix well, and take off fire. Allow to cool, gently turning occasionally.
Use cookie moulds, or shape pedas with palms into patty rounds. Mix pistachios and cardamom seeds and press a bit on top of each.
If using moulds, first sprinkle some at bottom. Take some mixture and press into mould. When set well, invert and carefully, un-mould.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'