Recipe: Khatti meeti pyaaz ki chutney
If you had never heard of pyaaz ki chutney, then check this out.
½ kilo onions
One tsp of tamarind paste
3 red chillies
A pinch of asafoetida
1 tsp of mustard seeds
5-6 curry leaves
2 table spoon oil
Salt to taste
Heat 2 table spoon oil in a kadhai. Cut the onions into big pieces. Now add the onion to the oil. Also add red chillies, tamarind paste, salt and asafoetida and fry until the onions turn transparent.
Take this mixture off the burner and allow it to cool.
Then put the mixture in the chutney jar and grind it to a coarse paste.
Heat some mustard seeds and curry leaves in oil until they splutter.
Now garnish the chutney with this tadka.
Khatti meethi pyaaz ki chutney is ready to serve. (Sweet because onions are naturally sweet to taste).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Recipe: Chinese sichuan chicken
- Recipe: Forest Mix Mushroom Purple Dumplings Chilli Soy
- Recipe: Vegetarian Hakka Noodles
- Recipe: Tom Kha Prawn Soup
- Monsoon special recipe: Szechuan shrimp babycorn
- Recipe: Vegetable Chowmein
- Recipe: Tea- infused sticky dumplings
- Recipe: Chinese Vegetable Salad
- Recipe: Paneer Manchurian
- Recipe: Chilli Chicken
- Recipe: Vegetable Manchow Soup
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 31, 2015
- Ranchi: JSEB asks man to pay electricity bill of Rs 55 crore
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Service tax rate of 14% comes into effect from today
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media conducts reality check of public places smoking ban
- Now a 'missed call' to shut down your computer
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Five fabulous places in the world Indians can travel without visas
- PM Narendra Modi-led panel likely to select CIC, CVC chiefs today
- Heatwave: Things you must know
- India to buy only 36 French Rafale fighter jets, no need for 126: Manohar Parrikar
- Caught on camera: Jharkhand health minister slaps RJD leader in public
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Ban row: NCSC sends notice to IIT Madras, DMK seeks PM Modi's "direct intervention"
- ISIS rapists pour boiling water on teenage victim's leg for refusing sex
- Watch: The grand trailer of Rana Daggubati's `Baahubali`