Recipe: Kiwi Papdi Chaat
Updated: Jul 06, 2015, 12:28 PM IST
An interesting fusion recipe
Time: 15 minutes
- 28 flat papdi
- 1 cup, sliced Kiwis (Sungold and Green)
- 1 cup boiled, peeled and chopped sweet potatoes
- 1 medium, chopped tomato
- 2 cups yogurt
- 8 tbsp Kiwi Khajur ki chutney
- 6 tbsp green coriander chutney
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili
For The Garnish
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped Kiwi
- 1 tbsp finely chopped raw mango
- 4 tbsp nylon sev
- Arrange the Papdis on serving platters.
- Top each with a slice of Kiwi. The put a little sweet potato and tomato on each papdi.
- Spoon a dollop of yogurt on each papdi. And top each with a little Kiwi Khajur ki chutney and green chutney.
- Sprinkle over a little salt, chaat masala, jeera and chilli powder.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander, chopped Kiwis, chopped raw mango and sev.
- Dates 15-20, stoned and chopped
- 1 cup Green Kiwi pulp
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp Fennel seeds
- 1tsp Red chili powder
- ¼ tsp Dry ginger powder
- ½ tsp Black salt
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, dry roast cumin seeds and fennel seeds. Cool slightly and grind to a powder.
- Combine dates, Kiwi pulp, cumin, red chili powder, dry ginger powder, black salt, salt to taste and water . Cook on medium heat till it comes to a boil, reduce heat and continue to cook for six to eight minutes. Cool and serve.
(Image and Recipe Credit: Masterchef Ranveer Brar)