Double your Lohri celebrations by gorging on kurmure laddoos.
1) ½ cup roasted peanuts, shelled
2) 250gm parmal rise, cooked
3) 250gm gur (jaggery)
4) 250ml water
5) ½ cup dry coconut flakes
6) 6-7 pieces of chhoti elaichi (cardamom), powdered
1) Boil jaggery in water to form a thick syrup. To check for the right consistency, add few drops of the syrup into water - it should solidify immediately. Now add roasted peanuts, rice, cardamom powder and dry coconut flakes. Stir, gently.
2) Allow the mixture to cool for few minutes. Smear your palms with a little ghee to roll out balls.